Due to the effects of Hurricane Harvey our statement service provider, located in Houston, TX, is experiencing delays in the production & delivery of paper statements. Click Here for more information.
Farmers State Bank of Camp Point History
Farmers State Bank of Camp Point was chartered in Sept. 1921 with total capital of $40,000 and total assets of $100,000. Prior to then the bank had operated as the Columbus State Savings Bank located in Columbus. At that time the stockholders elected to change the name and move the bank to Camp Point
The first board of directors consisted of Albert Akers, President; H.J. Lewis, Louis Nicolai, A.N. Pierce, D.L. Meyers, Oliver Gates, William Vollbracht, Dr. L.P. Peters, Walter Frey, W. Emery Lancaster, and J.B. Thomas. The bank was under the management of Earl C. Pierce from 1925 until July 31, 1969. The controlling interest of the bank was then sold to Ernest Huls and Dorothy Huls of Gifford, IL. At that time, total assets were just short of $4 million and loans were at $800,000. The Bank was located at 201 Jefferson Street until July 13, 1974 when it moved to it’s current location a new building located on Highway 24 at 206 E. Wood St. The new building had 3100 square feet of floor space which included three offices, cash vault, record storage vault, bookkeeping room, storage room and main lobby. At that time, assets totaled $6 million.
In Oct. 1989 the bank announced plans for a new addition to the bank building adding several offices, a board room, bookkeeping room and additional storage space bring ing the current square feet of space to 7,000.
In November 1999 the bank was sold to Illini Corporation, located in
Springfield, IL. Illini Corporation also owns Illini Bank, which has 13
banking facilities in Springfield and surrounding communities.
In November 2016, Farmers State Bank of Camp Point and Illini Bank, joined United Community Bancorp, Inc., United Community Bancorp, Inc., headquartered in Chatham, Illinois, is an employee-owned regional bank holding company with roots dating back to 1907.
Today, United Community Bancorp, Inc. has grown to an over $2.5 billion dollar institution and includes six community banks and brands: United Community Bank, Marine Bank and Trust, Brown County State Bank, Mercantile Bank, Farmers State Bank of Camp Point, and Liberty Bank which, together, have more than 40 locations in 32 communities to serve all our customers financial needs.
2017 Farmers State Bank of Camp Point